Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

HOLY COW and HALLELUJAH!!!

I swear that Mia said, "Mamama" today!!!!  FINALLY!!!  Paulina (the 10 year old friend's daughter that I'm watching) was working on it with her in the car today on the way home from running errands.  I told Paulina that if she could get Mia to say Mama that I would take her back to Costco for samples - we'd just left there and she thought the free samples were SO cool.  lol  That got her, and she was "mamama-ing" in the backseat with Mia all the way home.  Mia started saying "wawawa" with Paulina but no luck with Mama.


Well, when Zeus got home we ran over to his sister's place to check on her house for her and to try and raid her microwave since ours died while Mia and I were in Utah.  Unfortunately, we didn't have the right key, but on the way there and the way back Mia was babbling away in the back seat.  She was saying all kinds of new sounds - wawawa, nanana, lalala - and I SWEAR she started saying Mama-ma-ma.  Zeus thinks I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure we'll be hearing it a lot more in the coming days!  :)  It always seems she does something big the day or two after turning another month old.  Last month it was starting to take a few steps along furniture after pulling up.  One month it was sitting on her own or crawling.  This time it's Mama!  I'm 100% sure she does NOT associate it with me, not yet anyhow, but I don't care!  :)  We've got the sounds baby!!!


Y A Y ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment