Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fibroid

The fibroid is out.  FINALLY!  :)  Here's the picture the doctor took of it.  Sorry if this grosses some of you out.  I'll post it small for those of you who are totally NOT interested in seeing it.  For those who are curious, like me, you can click on it and it will open a bigger version.  I  emailed a copy of it to my mom, who is a nurse and has a curious nature like I do and she texted me, "Wow! Mia's friend is big."  I responded, "Yeah, I feel like we need to give it a name and a propper burrial."  Too bad oncology has it.  I guess they are suppose to take some photos too, so we'll see how those turn out and if I get to see them or not.  There's a ruler along the bottom that shows that it was 6 inches / or 13 cm.  Schnikeys! 

I guess it DOES deserve a name for being so robust and for keeping Mia company for 9 months in-utero.  I remember putting my hand on it and being able to feel a strong heart-beat-like pulse of the blood beating through it.  Kinda creepy.  Thankfully, this fibroid does NOT seem to contain the hair and teeth my husband was hoping for (apparently some fibroids do - ick).

Introducing: Herman.

Sorry, I couln't make the photo any smaller, for those of you who are squeemish about such things.

I'm feeling like I got run over by a trian, cut in half, had a beater mix through my insides and then got hit in the back of the head by a 4x6.  I feel very bruised and battered inside for now.  The doctor said today that days three through five can be the worst, but promised me that it WOULD get better after that.  Luckily the nausea from a little earlier has passed without any surgery wrenching heaves.  Thank goodness!  Off to take another little nap to shore up some strenght before it's time to try and eat again and take some pain meds.

6 comments:

  1. WOW . . . it was like you were carrying twins . . . or did the fibroid continue to grow after Mia's birth?!? Wow . . . interesting . . . The heartbeat stuff got to be worse than the photo . . . LOL ;o)

    Glad you came through okay and I am REALLY praying that your recovery will be smooth and rapid . . . Take CARE of yourself, Darcie!!!

    (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow. That is big! I didn't realize that a fybroid was so... round. So three dimensional. I somehow pictured it like a hard thin growth or something like that. Like a mole (I guess that is an okay comparison - though I would have been expecting a REALLY big mole - and yet 6inches is larger than I was imagining). Best of luck on your surgery! So crazy that it had a heart beat....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!!! I wish I was there to help and I'm glad you got a picture of it. Disgusting, but intriguing. Good luck with recovering - enjoy the sleep and pain meds! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so there wasn't REALLY a heartbeat - no killing of poor little fibroids on this end. It just had such a large blood supply that the blood coursing through it FELT like a heartbeat. :) It grew along with the pregnancy we think, but the doctor said that it may have been growing for years just because of it's massive size. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers of support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plus..my understanding is that it has shrunk since you delivered and before it was removed. Who knows how big it was when you delivered Mia! Glad you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH---MY---GOSH. That is unreal. Rest up girlie.

    ReplyDelete