Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Survived!

I survived my second c-section surgery, though alas, this one did not have the end result of a beautiful child as my last one did.  I even got the doctor to take a picture of my fibroid for me.  Score!  She was out of the office today, but I'll get to see it (and her) tomorrow.  Cool beans!

I thought I'd upload a few quick photos (no, not of the fibroid, of my hospital visit) from today and yesterday, while I wait for my new pill version of pain meds (no more IV) which are overdue and I'm HURTING from overdoing it a little today.

Luckily for me I have a great surgeon and not only did she do a great job, but I got to keep my uterus!  Bonus!  :)  There was a slight risk that if they couldn't get the bleeding to stop that they might have to remove it.  Luckily, all went well and I have a newly fibroid-less uterus that is nicely stitched back together.

See my subtle yellow "FALL RISK" bracelet.  I got that BEFORE I even went into surgery.  They must have heard about my "weak ankles".  Oh wait, THAT bracelet was because of all the fantastic pain medicine they were going to give me during and after surgery.


Oh yeah... that's what I'm talking about!  Why are there three of you and why are your faces inverted?  Did I mention that morphine and I don't mix real well.  Yeah, it is super duper trippy and I think I should probably never EVER have it again.

A friend from church watched Mia for us for two days.  Thank you Amy!!!  It was so hard being away from Mia for that long!!!  Thankfully Zeus took pity on me and brought her up to the hospital for a quick visit tonight so I could get my fix.  She got to meet my night nurse who's name is Angelita, so close to hers, and we even ventured down a floor to the NICU and got to see some of the wonderful ladies who took care of our little family 6 1/2 months ago when Mia was brand new.  Those five days seem so long ago.  She was so teeny and new and now we have a fabulous, determined, much larger, teething 6 1/2 month old.  Wowza!

Mia and I getting our "snuggle on".  She tried to pretend that she didn't remember me, but I wasn't buying that garbage!

...Chilling on mama's hospital bed while mama was overdoing it and walking around a little too much...

...and eating one of her favorite, most delicious books - 'Bubbles, Bubbles'...

My heavenly Angelita nurse just showed up with two Vicodin.  Hopefully all of my little morphine friends from last night will be far away and will allow me to get some peaceful, uninterrupted, non-crazy dreaming sleep tonight.

Wish me well!

No comments:

Post a Comment