...it's time for the infamous monthly photo shoot and "Mia facts" update!!! :)
At 6 months old, Mia:
- Measures 25 3/8 inches long which puts her in about the 30th percentile for length.
- Weighs in at a slight 13 pounds 7 ounces which puts her in about the 8th percentile for weight.
- Has a head circumference of just over 43 centimeters which puts her in about the 85th percentile. The nurse joked that this could make it tough for her when she's trying to learn how to walk. (No, I did not kill OR thump the nurse for making that comment about my sweet baby's noggin, as I was in the depths of despair over the thought of holding her for her immunizations. Sadness!)
- Does NOT like immunization shots, but quiets down relatively quick after the initial pricks of pain. She does, however, complain about it for a few minutes in her "complain voice" with an up and down cadence of "aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa."
- Loves books and being read to.
- If she's crying and you put a book in front of her, she'll stop crying.
- Will reach out her arms to have you pick her up if you put your arms out towards her.
- Is getting really good at sitting up on her own, though we still put pillows around her for those times when she tips over.
- Loves to be bounced and sung to.
- Does NOT like the vacuum coming close to her.
- Can hold the "crawling position" if you put her in it, but eventually lowers herself down.
- Loves putting everything in her mouth.
- Has super fast hands that shoot out to grab whatever new thing she sees and has interest in.
- Can roll over from her stomach to her back and her back to her stomach.
- Sometimes gets upset when she rolls onto her stomach and gets "stuck", forgetting momentarily that she can indeed roll back over to her back.
- Is still not a fan of spoon feeding, fruits, vegetables, or rice cereal.
- Gets a huge smile on her face, kicks her legs excitedly and puts her arms up when you go in to get her from her bed.
- Knows and responds to her name.
- Is a pretty chill baby and doesn't really babble as much since surgery, but loves to look around and take it all in.
- Knows who mama and papa are and smiles when she sees us.
- Has a special bond with her papa and even sometimes lets out a giggle of pure joy when she sees him.
- Cuddles against your chest when she's tired and ready to go to sleep.
- Enjoys going for walks in her stroller and taking it all in.
- Is practically perfect in every way and is still the joy of our lives.
And now for the monthly photo shoot:
"...uh, MOM...don't look now...but I think there's something big and fuzzy next to me..."
"Whew! Thankfully he seems somewhat friendly and approachable."
"As long as he doesn't interfere with me eating my toots, I'm good to go."
"Uh, mom... he seems to have followed me up into the chair..."
"Oh, it's just giraffe! I like him!"
"Oh, my! What delicious looking toots you have!"
I can't believe how fast the time has flown. Our baby girl is sitting up and getting ready to crawl - watch out world! It seems like yesterday that she couldn't even hold her head up and now she's sitting up and looking around and taking it all in.
Mia, you are so very precious! I believe I was born for this - to be your mom and to have you as my child. My heart is so full of love for you. In fact, my heart overflows with love for you and occationally it spills out through my eyes and runs down my cheeks as I ponder how very much I love you, how much you mean to me, how BEYOND precious you are and what a very wonderful gift of love you are to your papa and me. We love you sweetie - happy half birthday!