Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Under the Knife

It's my turn to go under the knife now.  Mia has a free pass on this one, thank goodness.  Tomorrow morning we drop Mia off at a friend's house for the day and head to the hospital that I had Mia at to finally remove that darn fibroid of mine. 

We have to be at the hospital at 6 am, so it's going to be an early morning.  They take me back at 7:30 am to start the procedure.  Basically, I'm getting a bigger and more intricate c-section type of surgery and when they remove the fibroid from the top of my uterus and put it (the uterus) back together, they'll tuck it back in and hopefully that will be that.  The sadness of it is that I have to go through that all again and but this time without the reward of a beautiful little baby.  Sadness!

For those of you who know my inquisitive nature, I really want to see this cantaloupe size growth that I feel when I lay on my stomach and that I can feel in my belly when I lay on my back.  Unfortunately, or fortunately as the case may be, I'll be out cold as they take it out.  I asked my doctor if I could see it afterwards and maybe even see what it looks like on the inside of it.  She gave me the strangest look.  She said that they have to send it to oncology, but she could take a picture of it with her cell phone to show me if I wanted.  :)  Yay.  I'm kinda sad I can't see that sucker in person and poke and prod it, turn it this way and that, and see first-hand what's been hanging out in there over the last year.  Que ser a ser a. 

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. WOW . . . that is a BIG fibroid . . . That is what they first found when you were early pregnant with Mia, right? Good for you for getting it taken care of . . . LOL @ your doctor thinking it is weird that you want to SEE this invader . . . That sounds perfectly natural to ME, too . . . You are in my prayers today, Darcie, through your procedure and afterwards . . . I pray the doctors will be guided and that your recovery will be smooth and quick!

    ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Darcie! I am so sorry you have to go through that! No fun with a baby to take care of at home...well no fun either way but you know what I mean. Come right home and get right to bed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete