Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Long Overdue!

So, our bouncing, kicking, wiggle-worm of a baby girl was due last Friday, June 25th. So far she has yet to make her debut, so we are resorting to nefarious means. lol By that, I mean that we will be getting induced so, so come hell or high water (crazy since we are having a TORRENTIAL downpour right now in Austin), our baby girl should make her grand debut sometime tomorrow!!!

For a while, I thought she would make her debut on Monday morning, but no luck. Zeus and I went to bed at about 11 pm Sunday night and at midnight I was up with contractions and couldn’t get back to sleep. For an hour they were 9 minutes apart, then for the next hour about 6 minutes apart and for the last hour they were about 3 minutes apart and were killing me! We had already been to the hospital twice in the middle of the night for false alarms so I was trying everything I could think of to avoid going in again. At about 2:30 am I finally got into the shower to see if the hot water would help. After about 20 minutes in the shower, Zeus got up to go to the bathroom and was shocked to see that I was in the shower, and then worried when I could hardly speak to tell him that I was not-so-okay and was leaning over against the wall of the shower. He helped me out of the shower and to get dressed and we headed into the hospital AGAIN. We got set up in a room and hooked up to the monitors, and the nurse checked me. I was 75% effaced and was dilated about a fingertip. I was so frustrated and in so much pain. They monitored me for over an hour, but nothing changed. They said we could decide to stay another hour and they would check me again, or that we could head home. The nurse was so sweet and I’m sure she could sense my extreme disappointment and frustration. She said that to her it seemed like I was in early labor, but that I could be that way for quite some time without making any changes. I was so discouraged and in so much pain! We stayed for a little longer and then headed home. Contractions continued intermittently all day yesterday, last night and then today. Though not as regular, they still hurt like the dickens and take my breath away. I am SO hoping that they’ve caused some kind of change over the last 24 hours. We’ll see tonight when we check into the hospital to be induced.

So, here’s the plan so far as we know it. Zeus and I will be checking into the labor and delivery unit at the hospital tonight at 7 pm. They will be inserting some kind of medicine to soften my cervix overnight and then will “officially” start the induction by giving me petocin via IV to start contractions at 7am. Not sure how long it will take from there, guess it depends on how my body responds and how long it takes to dilate all the way and then how long the pushing takes. We can’t WAIT to meet her and hope she comes sooner rather than later!!! J

Oh man, now we are having flashing lightning and BOOMING thunder along with power surges and spurts of the lights flashing on and off. Hope they don’t turn us away from the hospital because of too many women going into real labor on their own, or because of any power outages!!! Also hoping the roads don’t flood too bad, as it has seriously been POURING rain for the last hour or more.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Darcie (and Mia)!!! All three of you will be in our prayers!

    (((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck you guys, so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete