Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sick and scary - boo!

So, Mia's not been feeling well since Saturday. She's got a yucky cough and congestion going on and isn't sleeping very well at night. She's still such a little sweetie though and I'm definitely trying to soak up every extra moment of snuggle time, even if it's been a lot of middle of the night snuggling.

The night before last Mia woke up a LOT. A few times when I was so so tired, I layed in bed and prayed that she would be comforted back to sleep so that I could sleep. This happened two or three times and she would settle back down, but then she woke again at 5 am and I felt like I should go in and see what was going on. I went in to find my sweet baby girl sitting in the corner of her crib snuggling her blanket as she sickly and sadly cried. It broke my heart and I was so glad that I went in. I changed her wet diaper and snuggled her and she thankfully went right back down.

Last night she slept pretty good, but woke up again at five am. I'm hoping this isn't a new trend brought on my this sickness, but with what I found the night before in my mind, I went into her dark room to check things out. As soon as she saw my shadow walk into her room, she went vertical saying, "Mama!" I picked her up and our foreheads were about an inch apart as I waited for my eyes to adjust so I could see her sad little face. I leaned over and kissed her sweet little nose. As I turned to walk to the chair in her room to rock and snuggle her, she quietly and sweetly said, "Boo."  lol  Awe, my sweet little girl!

2 comments:

  1. Lol! That is such a cute and precious little story! I like that she added 'Boo!' She is so adorable. I can't wait to see you guys! I hope she is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, hope she is feeling better and sleeping better soon! Picturing her standing there waiting for you and crying with her sick voice was so precious! Being a mom is hard, but so rewarding, sometimes at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete