Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

February at a Glance

Man, how time flies. I think this was one of the longest break in blogging that I've had - almost two months! Guess it's time to catch up, so here's what we were up to in February:

Went for lots of walks.

Stopping to pick and smell the flowers along the way.

I fell holding Mia - as I turned to go down a step my ankle folded on the uneven ground and I went down with Mia on my hip. I was able to protect her body and head, but her hand that was hooked around me got crushed on some rocks and wood. It was SO SO sad and was probably the low-light of the month! Even now, two months later, she holds that healed hand out to show people her "owie".  :(

Band aids make everything better...

...as do snuggles with good friends.

Mia's new thing is throwing her arm around your shoulder...  lol

Banana thief! I broke off the small end of the banana, put the other piece down, turned for 1/2 a second and turned to find THIS!

Mia ad I celebrated mama's birthday with a FREE birthday breakfast at Denny's. We shared it and both thought it was SUPER yummy and plan to make it a new birthday tradition.

Mia and papa waiting for our friend Monica to come and pick Mia up so that we could go out for my birthday. Zeus got us massages for my bday and we went out for a yummy dinner at Chilli's. I think I'll probably be giving us both massages for HIS birthday as well!  lol

Couldn't resist snapping a few of Mia loving on her papa.  :)

And again with her arm thrown across someone's shoulders.  :)

Mia helping mama blow her birthday candles out - we could only had Mia's first birthday candle, so we used it as "one to grow on".  :)

Weather got warm enough for a sun dress - yay!  Glad to see she still looks little in at LEAST one photo!  :)



Future snowboarder on our hands, practicing on mama's sandal - following in mama's footsteps.  :)


Papa picked up Grandpa Agustin from the nursing home for a visit.

Papa's Valentine card we made, with her hand prints in the heart and her "I love you!" in Mia speak.  :)

Trying on some panties while mama TRIES to fold laundry.

Went for more walks and sadly lost this hat on one of our outings. I was so heart-sick over it because I LOVE that hat on her.  :(

Riding on mama's shoulders while I vacuum. She HATES the vacuum and has to be in my arms or on my shoulders while I vacuum or she screams her little head off.

Tea party with papa - such fun!

Papa showing Mia how to "toss one back".  lol

Snuggles - LOOK HOW LONG MY BABY GIRL IS GETTING!!! 

Oh NO! Papa eating Mia's toots!

My newest favorite way to do Mia's hair, now that she's finally got some length to it - Hooray! How do I get her to hold still, you ask? Well, she's watching her favorite, the Wiggles...

...AND I bribed her with Whoppers.  :)

I think it's worth it occasionally.  :)  She's just too dang cute for words! Man oh man how I love her!!!

Story time and silly faces with papa.

Never too young to floss...  :)  

Puzzles are serious business.

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the secret twist here!  :)

Rocking her owl boots from grandma.  :) 

Swinging with friends.

More fun with mama - eating blue raspberry dip-em-sticks - YUM! Mia's sitting on my lap and just saw this picture and said, "Ahhhh!"

Love's saying, "Bye-bye!" as she closes herself in the pantry.  :)

Little cutie pie took a tumble down the stairs at a friend's house and skinned off the end of her nose.  :(  Luckily it scared us all more than anything and she rolled like a tootsie roll rather than head over heels. Still absolutely NO fun hearing your little one tumble down stairs.

We had a great time on Leap Day at a mommy meet up with other Austin area cleft mamas and some of their little ones. So nice to have other mama's in the same situation to chat with and share with and ask questions of! Our little group is actually double this size but some mommy's couldn't make it because of sickness or working. 

Mia making a quick run for it, silly girl.

D - unilateral, Mia - bilateral, E - bilateral, T - unilateral; Aren't they all so stinkin' cute!!!  :)

I'm sure there's lots of other things we did in February that was noteworthy, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Oh wait, we were suppose to fly to Utah, Mia and I, to visit grandma and grandpa, but I got really sick and we weren't sure what it was so we ended up having to cancel last minute. Bummer! I think it ended up being a horrible ulcer flare up - not sure cause I haven't had one before or since. Now we have something to look forward to in May.  :) 

I'll have to come back to this if I think of anything else. Otherwise, for now, that was our February and now we're off to finish off the month of March which we shall update soon in a like fashion.

3 comments:

  1. You're back!What great photos! And I love the family shots in the bluebells! Gorgeous. Any chance you're going to UT over Easter??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison! :) We won't be there for Easter but will be there May 3-15. Any chance you guys will be back out there then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this update! They pictures are way cute and it looks like you had a lot of good times this last month(and some rough times - poor 'owies' on Mia!). Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete