Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

It's a girl!!!

We went in to the doctor this last Monday, February 15th, and found out that we are having a bouncing baby girl!!! :) We are SO excited and can't wait to meet her and snuggle her in our arms! Zeus said that he had a feeling it was a girl. I didn't really have one feeling or another as to what the baby was, but I remember when I took the Inteligender test and it turned green for boy I was really surprised that it turned green and even felt a small twinge of disappointment. I guess I was kind of thinking she was a girl without even knowing it!

I remember growing up that I always envied my friends that had big brothers and so at the ripe old age of 13 or 14, I planned out the number of kids I would have and always wanted to have a boy first. Ever since finding out I was pregnant though, I really didn't mind what we had and was just thrilled that we would be finally having a baby! :) It was so exciting to find out that we are having a girl, and we couldn't be more thrilled!!!

We already have a name picked out for her! Her first name will be Mia (pronounced me-a). When Zeus and I were talking about our desire to have kids, I asked him if he had any names picked out for his future children. He said he'd always wanted to name his little girl Mia. I didn't have any names that I had picked out because I have so many names coming through my classroom that I didn't want to set my heart on a name and then have a terror-child by the same name in my class that might ruin it for me. :) I love the name too, so we decided that if we had a girl her name would be Mia. For her middle name, we had a few ideas, but when Zeus's mom Lina passed away at the beginning of December we discussed using her name if we had a little girl as a first or middle name. We decided on the name Angelina for a middle name, which is a combination of "angel" and "Lina". So, her full name will be Mia Angelina Moreno. We can't wait for Mia Angelina to make her debut!

Baby girl, we are so excited for your arrival!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful name, Darcie . . . I am SO excited for you guys!!! =o)

    ReplyDelete