Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baby, baby, baby...

So, we weren't sure how long we were going to keep it under wraps, but we just went in to our first ultrasound yesterday and it's so hard to keep such an exciting secret! :) Zeus and I are expecting our first baby at the end of June!!!


10 & 1/2 week ultrasound

Here's the ONE picture the doctor gave us. We would have loved ten or so THOUSAND more, but we're happy to at least have one! :) The little head is on the left and the body on the right. You can't see the little arms and legs in this picture, but during the ultrasound, this little one was rolling around and kicking it's little legs and waving it's little arms like crazy. Definitely a mover and a shaker! It was fun to see the little heart just a beating away and to see the movement of the little arms and legs. It still seems surreal, but at least I have an ultrasound picture now to hang on my fridge. Every time I walk by and see it I get a silly grin on my face.

So, for my sister Michelle's birthday I bought us both these Intilligender tests (since we are two weeks apart in our pregnancies) that you can take at 10 weeks. They say not to paint the nursery pink or blue until you have your 20 week ultrasound to find out for sure, but it's fun just the same. Michelle's turned smokey green which is suppose to indicate a boy. Well, Zeus came into town yesterday and so we did ours this morning and...


...it thinks we're having a boy too. :)

Michelle still thinks that she's having a boy and we're having a girl, but it'll be a few more weeks before we know for sure. My cousin Tania took the test and got a girl result and now has a beautiful, bouncing baby boy, so you never know, but it's still kind of fun to take for kicks and giggles. We can hardly wait to find out for sure!!!

So, I'm not showing yet and can still "technically" fit in all of my jeans, but the waists have been getting more and more uncomfortable. I've put away quite a few pairs and have a few that still work if they are jolly-rigged, which I've become quite creative at...

Praise the lord for rubber bands!
So, we announced the pregnancy to our families with this cute little poem that I found online and adapted (because I'm anal), and to have a better rhyme and meter to it. I also switched it up to account for grandchild or niece/nephew depending on who we sent it to. It was a fun way for us to let people know that we had a little one on the way. Here's one of the versions of the poem we used
I do not have a face to see
Or put inside a frame.
And though I'll have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song
Or cuddle me so near.
But that will change by the end of June,
When they say that I am due.
I'm your new grandson or granddaughter
And I can't wait to meet you!
Love,
Baby Moreno

I had taken three home pregnancy tests before going into the doctor and finding out for sure, but thought that they'd all come back as negative. I was unaware that even a FAINT second line was considered a positive. I just figured that I was looking at it so intensely that I was seeing where the chemical strip WOULD show up if I actually WAS pregnant. Silly me. Below is a picture of the pregnancy test I got from the doctor's office that confirmed our pregnancy, along with a pacifier I got from my friend Amy. I texted Zeus the picture to let him know what the doctor confirmed.
Along with the text I put something to the effect of:
"Baby, it's official, we're having a baby! You're going to be a papa!"
There we are. The news is officially out. :)



5 comments:

  1. And I still really like the poem. :D

    Best of loves,

    Tif!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore my rubber band yesterday and then decided just to move up to my next size of jeans. Good thing I have like 29048208 different sizes after Nathan was born. Now I can just hop up to the next one as I grow! ;) I love that ultrasound pic! Congrats for being public!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that everyone in our family starts keeping a blog when they get pregnant. Yay for more nieces and nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww congratulations!!!!!! Babies are so fun!!! I bought a "Bella Band" when my pants started to fit funky! And I wore it seriously up until Sept 29th to work! LOL Gabe was born on Sep 30th!!

    Yeah the intelligender was fun, but so NOT accurate lol (o: Well for us anyways! lol Congratulations again!!! You are going to be wonderful parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh . . . what an ADORABLE little fuzzy blob!!! LOL . . . sorry, but other than the 4D one Tania got towards the end of her pregnancy (and I got to actually be there for) ALL ultrasound pictures look like adorable little fuzzy blobs to me . . .


    Congratulations, Darcie and Zeus!!! I am SO excited for you . . . You have wanted to be a mama for a LLLOOOONNNNGGGGG time . . . maybe your whole life, Darcie . . . I am thrilled that your precious little son or daughter is on his or her way . . .


    Those bella bands really are amazing . . . Sam can still wear her old jeans (which always fit better in the hips and thighs than maternity pants for some reason) even though her tummy has really popped . . . I know Target carries them . . . probably other places do too . . . Then you don't have to worry about a rubber band snapping and putting out someone's eye . . . ;o)


    I LOVE love LOVE that poem . . . it is very beautiful and touching . . . and the cousins will have SUCH a blast together in a few years . . . I hope you guys stay close enough to each other for your kids to interact and really know each other . . . That is SO fun for cousins . . .


    Congratulations, again . . .


    ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete