Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Over before it started...

So, Zeus flew in on Wednesday for the ultrasound. Today we were able to get a last minute ticket for him back to Austin and within 15 minutes we were packed and out the door to the airport so he could make the flight. (Thank you so much to my good buddy Iain who got us a buddy pass flight out today!) I'm still in shock about him being gone because it was such a fast and furious departure from the time we found out there was a flight to being out the door, on the way to the airport, and then dropping him at the curb. I didn't even cry until I pulled away from the curb, but then I cried all the way home. I know that's where he needs to be and I'm glad we were able to get him a flight so quickly, I just wish I could be there with him to support him and his family and to be with him during this hard time.

Zeus was going to be staying the month to help pack, prepare for the wedding, and move. Unfortunately, his mom's has been having major health problems since surgery a few weeks ago and has been in the hospital since. She started out in El Paso and was moved to the transplant center in San Antonio via Medivac. She's a feisty lady and is full of spunk, but is a tiny little thing (5'3ish I think) and her body is starting to shut down from all the stress it's undergone. Zeus has been keeping in contact with his brother and sister who are there at the hospital with his mom. Today they said she was doing bad and he needed to get home. He was torn about heading up here in the first place with his mom's health being so poor, but he really wanted to be here with me for our first doctors appointment and she wasn't getting any worse at the time so he headed up here. My heart is torn and I wish I could have been on that plane with him and with his family at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment