Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cutie Pattootie!

Man, I'm just so in love with my little Mia. She's smart as a whip and sassy to boot and she amazes me with all that's going on in that little noggin of hers. She's learning new signs like crazy, her two newest being "cookie" and "owie". We went into the doctor for her 18 month check up on Monday. I was trying to put her shoes on without undoing the laces by 'shimmying' them onto her foot and she starts saying "ah ee" and doing the "owie" sign which is touching her pointer fingers together. I'd been doing that sign for the past few days, but didn't realize she'd incorporated it already. I told her I was sorry for the owie and gave her a big hug and promptly untied the shoes to get them on her little feet. She only had to get two shots this time as opposed to the four she had to get at her 12 month appointment - yay! She also had a little growth spurt and went from the 5th percentile in weight to the 15th percentile - hooray! Of course, she's STILL not quite 20 pounds, but on the new growth charts they use she's had a spike.  :)  In height as well, but I'll have to look that up because I don't quite remember what it was. She's over 30 inches though now and it boggles both our minds that she's gotten so big so quickly. It seems like just yesterday she was our brand new baby girl and now she's our walkin' talkin' spit-fire toddler!

Man she's a little sweetie though and it's so fun to watch her grow and develop and learn new things! Monday was also super gray and rainy and cold. We went for a walk after her nap to go get the mail when the rain had stopped. Since it was so chilly out I put a couple of layers on her for the walk to the mailbox. She looked so stinking cute walking along that I just had to take a photo.

This walking is serious business.

She, of course, had to stop and lean down and touch every stick, rock, leaf and puddle. That one right behind her got a shout out of "agua" (Spanish for water) and a happy hand splash before mama convinced her to move along and not tough all the puddles of cold wet agua. I love it that she has a few words in Spanish as well and I try and keep after Zeus to talk to her more in Spanish. Speaking of Spanish, Mia got the book "Buenas Noches Gorilla"(Good Night Gorilla) for Christmas from Uncle Michael and Aunt Deena and it's her new absolute FAVORITE book. The gorilla on the front cover has it's finger to it's lips like it's saying "shush" and Mia does it all the time now, but also whenever she sees the book. The funny part is that she puts her finger to the side of her nose and makes this cute blowing sound. It totally cracks us up and brings a smile to our faces. She also likes the page where the lights go out and all the animals say good night because she knows the surprised face is coming up next and she'll squeal in delight! She's such a funny little turkey and we love her so!

4 comments:

  1. Darling! Nathan saw this and said, "Mia lives very far away from us. It would take a long drive to get to her house." I wish you lived closer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it was a hit! :) I love your blog Darcie- I haven't read it in a while, catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, that's still her "go to" book! :) I think I read it to her a MINIMUM of 4 times a day, and that's not counting the times Zeus has to read it once he gets home from work. lol

    ReplyDelete