Oh my goodness, a year already!
My sweet little Mia.
Man, so I'm a few weeks late, but here's our one year update on our little June bug Mia. We can't believe she's already a year old!!! My how the time has flown and how quickly she's grown. She's such a sweetie and we love her so much! It seriously boggles the mind that we have a daughter. And she's one! Oh my!
So, now that she's getting so wiggly and rolly and fights the posed photos, I'm quite relieved that the monthly photos are done for a few months. I may do an 18 month photo shoot before only doing one each year. Sadness - my baby's growing up, so it's kind of a happy/sad thing. Paulina helped me take Mia's photos today and it was SO helpful to have another set of hands to help try to distract my little munchkin. lol
Getting so big!!!
Hello! I'm the birthday girl! :) It says so right here on my shirt.
I'm SO not laying still for this - I'm outta here!
I seriously cannot get enough of her sweet little face!
Her silly little cheezer face makes me laugh.
Mia's one year stats:
- length - 28 1/2 inches, which puts her in the 25th percentile for height
- weight - 17 lbs 6 oz, which puts her in the 6th percentile for weight
- head - 46.6 cm, which pus her in the 90th percentile for head circumference lol
Mia's still a dainty little thing. At her one year check up we were hoping to weigh in at the coveted 18 pounds so we could go ahead with palate surgery. Well, we still aren't there yet. The doctor thinks that based on her growth curve so far, that she won't break 18 pounds until around 15 months. Sigh! I need to call Shriner's tomorrow and see what they have to say. I'm worried that the longer the palate surgery is delayed the more her speech may be affected. I'm not sure if they'll want to go ahead with surgery or wait until she hits that 18 pounds. The doctor is still not worried about her height and weight, as she's still within her growth curve. However, I'm thinking I may pick up some higher calorie formula and maybe some Ensure to help her get some extra calories.
At one year of age, Mia:
- pulls up and walks along the furniture but is not a walker yet
- still doesn't like her hands held, which makes the walking practice null and void
- has mastered the pincer grip and uses it (much to our chagrin) on people as well as food
- she gives great two armed tight hugs that make us melt
- she still loves books, stories and snuggles
- loves food with flavor and is pretty good at trying new things
- pulls her head back to check out what's coming at her on the spoon during feedings
- smiles at nearly everyone now and still goes to new people
- loves to pull out all of her toys
- loves to climb on mommy, the love sac (bean bag) and the couch
- has started bopping her head to music
- loves to be outside and going for walks or bike rides
- is a people watcher for sure and likes to be able to see what's going on
- loves to take her socks and shoes off and often chews on them
- pulls bows out of her hair the minute they are put in now
- "Mowgli" bear crawls when she's in a dress or other outfit that catches her knees
- loves to pull all the Tupperware out of the cabinets and play in the pots cabinet
- loves to smile and laugh and investigate things
- goes down for naps and bed so very easily after a quick snuggle and song
- almost always wakes up happy
At one year old, Mia loves to eat most baby food flavors except green beans and is eating a lot of table food including, so far, cheerios, any cereal that's soggy with milk, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, toasted cheese sandwiches, strawberries, peaches, arroz con leche, bananas, egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, toasted cheese and turkey sandwiches, sweet potatoes, squash, pudding, yogurt, cheese pizza, ice cream, ice cream sandwiches, goldfish crackers, chocolate birthday cake, chicken, noodles, sausage and ground beef (though she seems to chew the flavor out of the meat and then spit it out - lol) She does NOT like green bean baby food or tomatoes so far.
And a few more Mia-isms in photos. :)
And a few more Mia-isms in photos. :)
Has enough hair for pigtails!
...sort of!!! :)
microscopic up-close proof of pigtails :)
LOVES the baby in the reflection - and loves to check out mommy in the reflection as well! :)
Loves her blankie - found it in the laundry basket and pulled it through one of the holes to snuggle with. :)
Loves books and reading stories.
Loves to be pulled around the house in the laundry basket.
Finally has enough hair for mommy to do something OTHER than pigtails. lol
Found the Velcro on her shoes and is a pro at using her pincer fingers to peel it open and take her shoes off!
Still puts EVERYTHING in her mouth!
Loves to explore new places.
...and peek through holes.
and snuggle her papa.
Mom, we really need to get one of these - they are SUPER cool!
And finally, Mia adores and is equally adored by her family! :)