Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

WE HAVE A CRAWLER!!!

For the last couple of days when Mia is sitting up, she'll "walk" her hands forward so that she's in a crawling position.  Then, instead of continuing to move her arms forward, she'll move her legs forward and then belly plant and push up again to "inchworm" herself forward.  Tonight she was super fussy (I'm hoping she's not getting sick because this is SO not like her).  I had been snuggling her, but needed to do some stuff in the laundry room really quickly so I put her down on the floor in the hallway in front of the open door to the laundry room.  She was NOT happy about that and starting fussing.  I looked back to comfort her and she was crawling and complaining and crying the whole time, poor thing!  It was so cute and so sad all at the same time.  At first I was SO excited that she was crawling and it looked so darling.  Then I began to realize that this has opened up a whole new world and started to panic.  OH MY!!!

Got it on video - yay!  Thankfully the video camera battery was charged because papa was in night class and missed it.  Sadness!  I'll upload the crawling video tomorrow after our play date.  We are meeting up with another cleft mommy tomorrow morning for the first time and we are SO EXCITED!!!  Next week we are going to meet another mommy who is currently pregnant with a little girl who will be born with a bilateral cleft like Mia's.  It's so nice be able to meet other cleft families!

3 comments:

  1. Watch out world! It's just a matter of days before she will be EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the video - crawling babies are adorable! (And it's so funny she was complaining the entire time! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darcie, how fun! My kids and I love to read news about Mia and see her cute pictures. I loved to see her wrestling her giraffe in her monthly picture - hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeting you and seeing your beautiful, sweet little Mia will do MUCH to reassure that family . . . What a blessing for them that you can/will do that . . .

    ReplyDelete